Welcome to Dovecote Primary School and Nursery. Wishing you all a happy half term. We look forward to welcoming children back, dressed smartly in school uniform, and ready to learn, on Monday 19th Feb.
EYFS Vision and Aims
At Dovecote our intention is to provide the best start to the children’s education. They are at the centre of everything we do, and we want the best possible outcomes for each individual child so that:
- The children are safe, happy, feel valued and special. Each child, their individuality and what makes them unique is celebrated by all adults and children to build respect, relationships and understanding.
- The children develop resilience, confidence, independence, resourcefulness, self-motivation and an ability to problem solve, so that they can interact with the world around them and are prepared for life in modern Britain.
- The children are excited to come to school, their learning is enjoyable, builds upon curiosity and their interests.
- Children are confident, have a good sense of self, build strong friendships and are kind.
- To support and challenge the children during their learning, through high quality interactions, questioning, modelling and encouraging the children to produce work they are proud of.
- To be innovative and teach in ways which stimulate and engage the children through well-thought-out independent play activities as well as structured, taught sessions.
- Provide a learning environment that is inviting, well resourced, accessible to all, promotes exploration and independence.
- To put high value on the Prime areas of learning, to equip children with transferable life skills and learning strategies to apply into year 1 and beyond.
- To encourage children to consider their own choices and responsibilities in all that they do, building empathy, self-regulation and forethought into their actions and behaviour.
- To set aspirational targets for our children to achieve by the end of Reception, building on their nursery experience and promoting a smooth transition into Year 1.